Peter Farrelly’s Green Book won the award for Best Film in the 91st edition of the Oscars. ‘Roma,’ the film by Mexican filmmaker Alfonso Cuarón, won three awards: Best Direction, Best Photography, and best non-English-speaking film. The tape Farrelly also won the Oscar for the best supporting actor and the Oscar for the best original script. The other big winner of the night was ‘Bohemian Rhapsody,’ Freddie Mercury’s biopic, which took four Oscars: the best editing, the best sound editing, the Best Sound Mixing and The Best Leading Actor for Rami Malek. The Mexican film ‘Roma,’ by Alfonso Cuarón, and’ La Favorita,’ by Yorgos Lanthimos, leave as the top favorites in the 91st edition of the Oscar with ten nominations each, has reported The Hollywood Academy.
It is the first time that a Spanish film (and Mixtec) is nominated for the most critical Oscar, the best film. Before’ Rome ‘nine foreign films-including ‘Il Postino,’ ‘ Z ‘ or ‘life is beautiful’ – achieved this candidacy, but none of them did. Spanish director Rodrigo Sorogoyen has been nominated for Best Short Fiction Film for his short ‘Mother.’
An Oscar statue at the entrance to the Dolby Theater. In the video, these are the favorite films for the 2019 Oscars.
The Hollywood Film Academy announced on Tuesday the nominees for the 2019 Oscar, the 91st edition of The Hollywood Awards, which will be held on February 24. Rome, which started as a favorite, has won ten nominations, among them for a better film, better direction, and better script. Five of them are for its director and producer, Alfonso Cuarón. He has also achieved ten favorites, and eight are Green Book (which has won the Producer Guild Award for Best Film) and Bohemian Rhapsody. Seven stays Black Panther and six, infiltrated the KKKlan.
There are 24 categories, and these are the finalists by section:
- Green Book
- Infiltrated the KKKlan
- Black Panther
- A star is born
- The favorite
- The vice of power
- Bohemian Rhapsody
- Alfonso Cuarón – Rome.
- Pawel Pawlikowski – Cold War.
- Spike Lee – Infiltrating the KKKlan
- Yorgos Lanthimos – The favorite.
- Adam McKay – The vice of power.
- Glenn Close – The good wife.
- Lady Gaga in A star is born
- Yalitza Aparicio – Rome.
- Olivia Colman – The favorite.
- Willem Dafoe – Van Gogh, at the gates of Eternity.
- Christian Bale – the vice of power.
- Rami Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody.
- Bradley Cooper in A star was born.
- Viggo Mortensen in Green Book.
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
- Amy Adams – The vice of power.
- Marinade Tavira – Rome.
- Regina King – Beale Street blues.
- Emma Stone – The favorite.
- Rachel Weisz – The favorite.
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
- Mahershala Ali in Green Book.
- Adam Driver – Infiltrating the KKKlan.
- Sam Elliott in A star is born.
- Richard E. Grant – Can you ever forgive me?
- Sam Rockwell – The vice of power.