Here are 10 quick facts that you should know about late Lorena Rojas of the Telemundo Second Chance fame.
1. Seydi Lorena Rojas Gonzalez was born in Mexico City, Mexico on 10 February 1971.
2. Her acting career began in 1990 when she participated in the telenovela Alcanzar Una Estrella produced by Televisa.
3. In 2001, she released her debut album entitled Como Yo No Hay Ninguna, recording songs by legendary songwriter/producer Richard Daniel Roman.
4. In 2003 Rojas signed to Telemundo, later taping in that same year the telenovela Ladrón De Corazones besides Manolo Cardona.
5. In 2005, she starred in her most acclaimed telenovela El cuerpo del deseo, beside Andrés García, Mario Cimarro, Erick Elías, & Sonia Noemí, among others, which proved to be an international success, broadcast by Telemundo.
6. In 2006 she released her second album, Deseo.
7. Until her death, Rojas lived with her boyfriend, Spanish businessman Jorge Monjes.
8. After two years of procedures to be enabled to adopt, actress Lorena Rojas became the mother of a small girl named Luciana on October 6, 2013.
9. She had been fighting cancer since 2008. That year, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. In 2013, the tumor metastasized to others parts of her body.
10. On 16 February 2015, Rojas died of breast cancer, aged 44, in Miami, Florida. She had been battling the disease since 2008, and it had spread to other organs, including her liver.