Dede One Day: Bishop Ime Umeh, Tony One Week Mourn Late Actor

dede_5549418810184637879_n

By FEMI SALAWU

Nollywood actors have been reacting to the death of one of their own, talented comedian and actor, Dede One Day who passed away in Aba on Monday.

The talented actor reportedly passed away following high blood pressure induced causes.

ALSO READDede One Day: 6 Funny Photos Of Late Actor That WIll Make You Laugh

In his tribute, Hon. Tony One Week who described the news sad recalled how he once cast him in his movie Oke Ochicho.

Tony One Weekn wrote on his facebook wall, “REST IN PEACE DEDE-ONE-DAY. I got the sad news of your demise from Steve Ajebo Eboh yesterday. When I cast you in my movie Oke Ochicho, we both agreed that it was the stepping stone to bigger roles. And so it was. Your real career in movie had begun. You also excelled so very well in stand up comedy in your peculiar Aba (York) style. Your unique voice separated you from other comedians, some of whom even started copying you. You were an audience’s delight as emcee at events. You were doing so well my brother. Why die now? They said you slumped while doing your business of making people laugh. And I ask “Why would an instrument of joy be rewarded with sadness?” You were hypertensive they said, but I am like “Is laughter no longer the cure for high blood pressure?” Chaaaaiiiii. Deeedem. Uwa enwero isi.

On his part, Bishop Ime Umoh popularly known as Okon Lagos described Dede One Day’s death as a big loss to the industry

His words as seen on his facebook page said, “RIP…its another tragic loss… words can’t EXPLAIN d saddened emotion the trauma I HAVE gone through at the Death of d most funny comic in the industry he was a friend brother,was everything… but this thing called death has no limit… Dede-one-day, your stories were like light we lean on for sight, u gave us happiness when its seemingly heavy for everyone… indeed its a great loss to me to d industry and to the world at large… RIP GREATEST FRIEND.”

13 Comments

1. Okafor Rita

December 15, 2015 at 9:35 pm

Dede, it is very sad that you pass on at this stage of your life. Well God knows the best. Rest in peace.

2. agabi riliwan

December 16, 2015 at 3:06 pm

R I P

3. Hanny_P

December 16, 2015 at 5:23 pm

This is enough to shock everyone. Enough reason to make us prepare our ways before God bcos no one knows when death will come knocking.
    Dede one day didn’t know he won’t cross over to 2016.
    What a tragedy, R.I.P Dede one day.
    Give your life to Jesus Christ now, tomorrow maybe too late.

4. wisdom chima

December 16, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Eyaa…sory to the entire family of late dede one day for losing him in death . let everyone who mourns his death cheer up cos Jehovah God has plan for the dead loved ones in a shot time

5. prettybaby

December 17, 2015 at 9:35 am

May your soul rest in peace

6. Stanley

December 17, 2015 at 8:14 pm

May God have mercy on u..but as for we the living,lets prepare for our own day…obey God,do not rely on earthly things…do not say ur life…its not urs,its Gods own….use it to obey Him..remember,its irreversible after death….Jesus christ is the only saviour..accept him now…

7. Adonis

December 17, 2015 at 10:31 pm

It is sad to lose a loved one to the cool hands of dearth, but for everything God has a reason, we only mourn him becaues we are alive, tomorrow it might be any of us so let’s prepare our way in order to meet Christ worthily when he call us. RIP my brother till we meet to part no more.

8. snikel p

December 18, 2015 at 7:57 am

u er dead bot u soul stil live on

9. Mr Splendid

December 18, 2015 at 9:45 am

I was so sad and dumbfounded when it came to my knowledge that my favourite comic actor and well talented comedian “Dede-One-Day” has kicked the bucket… Oh Dede.. You should kicked a football rather… Inevitable Death.. Rest In Peace ‘Dede’

10. emeka okoro samuel

December 18, 2015 at 12:26 pm

i dont no what2 seaid about dis bout god,knowse the best if it true i dont no bout i pray let it not be true am emeka.okoro by name dede i so mouch love u

11. emeka okoro samuel

December 18, 2015 at 12:29 pm

i dont no what2 seaid about dis bout god,knowse the best if it true i dont no bout i pray let it not be true am emeka.okoro by name in imo state. dede i so mouch love u

12. Margaret

January 28, 2016 at 10:04 am

what a sad news my brother dede is now more please we that are still living let us give are life to Jesus Christ today because tomorrow may be too late and if there is any sin we are doing we should try and stop because with sin we can not be with Jesus Christ he love u RIP my brother dede we will always miss u we love you but Jesus love you more

13. Amara Joeself Kamara

February 17, 2016 at 1:15 am

when I had the news over our local TV here in sierra Leone it was like a dream because I find it difficult to believe but all the same we love you but God love’s u best may your gentle soul rest in perfect peace